It’s been a while…
It’s also been a rough year. Here’s a short list of 2018’s highlights in my personal calendar:
- My dear friend, Carol, died unexpectedly.
- My father-in-law died.
- Another friend, Mark, died tragically.
- Joan died from cancer.
- Channing died from cancer. You may remember Channing from a recent video: LG’s Coaching Secrets
- My cousin barely survived a horrible car wreck driving from Phoenix to LA. She’s still recovering after two months.
- California was ravaged by wildfires.
- Florida’s panhandle was ravaged by Hurricane Michael.
- My house flooded in Hurricane Florence.
First of all, I’m too young to know this many dead people. And second, I’m literally homeless. I’m not on the streets, but my house is not yet livable. The water rose to 8 inches above floor level and sat there for about 6 days. It doesn’t sound like much, but it destroyed the floor and weakened the subfloor. The moisture wicked up the walls almost 30 inches and the mold was everywhere.
I’m not looking for sympathy. Honestly, I’m not.
I’m building a case to defend why I haven’t posted anything on YouTube since September. So much energy has gone into fixing the house.
All that is about to change. I hope to have new videos out as soon as possible.
In spite of all these setbacks, I’m looking forward to a great year of training, racing and video making.