On this page you’ll find a list of the races I’ve done and a list of the races for which I’m registered (or plan to register) in 2018. At the bottom is my wish list.
LG’s 2018 Races
|Race||Date(s)||Why I Want To Participate|
|Azalea Triathlon, Wilmington, NC||March 03, 2018||This is a wonderful, short sprint with a pool swim, 9 mile bike and 5k run. It's a challenge to finish under 60 minutes. This year, I want to break my 58 minute time from last year.|
|Cape Fear 16||April 8, 2018|
|White Lake Sprint Relay||April 22, 2018||This is a fun race in a fun location. I do the relay with my wife. She likes to run, so I do the swim and bike.|
|Tour de Pickle||April 28, 2018||A fun bike rally in Mt. Olive, NC. The course is rural and beautiful.|
|June 16, 2018||Just a fun sprint in Smithfield, NC.|
Races I’ve Done
- 2007 – Dallas PlayTri Int’l
- 2007 – RunBiTri series of backward sprints
- 2007 – Iceman Sprint
- 2007 – St. Patrick’s Sprint
- 2008 – New York City Triathlon
- 2010 – New York City Triathlon
- 2013 – Ironman Lake Placid
- 2016 – New York City Triathlon
- Too numerous to list all of them but here’s a few
- White Lake Half – 9 times
- White Lake Int’l
- White Lake Sprint – 8 times
- Over the Mountain – 2 times
- Bandit’s Challenge – 3 times
- Azalea Sprint – 4 times
- Surf N’ Turf Super Sprint
- Wilmington YMCA Sprint – 4 times
- Kure Beach Double Sprint – 2 times
- Triangle Sprint – 3 times
- Stumpy Creek Int’l
- Lake Norman Int’l
- Kerr Lake Int’l – 2 times
- Beach 2 Battleship Half
- 2016 – Ironman North Carolina
- Three Little Pigs
- Tough Mudder
- 2009 – Chicago Triathlon Triple Challenge
- 2011 – Ironman Wisconsin
- 2009 – Ironman Arizona
- 2008 – Peachtree City Int’l
- 2012 – Old Capitol Sprint
- 2014 – Ironman 70.3 Augusta
- 2014 – Kinetic Half
- 2014 – Kinetic Sprint
- Savageman 30
- Savageman 70 – 2nd DNF
- Sourth Beach Tri – 1st DNF
- 2016 – Malibu Classic Triathlon
- 2017 – USAT Nationals Olympic
- 2017 – USAT Nationals Sprint
LG’s Wish List
- Challenge Roth. Top of my list for a reason. 200,000 spectators. That means there’s lot’s of people yelling at me in German. Who cares what they’re saying. As long as they’re smiling and cheering.
- Ironman Silverman 70.3. I’ve been interested in this one since it was a full ultra distance race. It’s a tough one, but the desert is a beautiful place.
- Ironman Coure d’ Lane. Just a good, challenging race
- Ironman Lanzarote. Another destination race.
- Los Angeles Triathlon. My father did the Los Angeles marathon, so I want to do the triathlon.
- Escape From Alcatraz. Notoriously tough swim. I want the challenge.
- Pacific Palisades July 4th 10k
- Silver State 508. 508 miles on a bike in one shot. What the hell! It’s a challenge.