The donations are rolling in.
In a recent post, I mentioned my intent to raise money for the charity, Habitat For Humanity. The 2021 Cal Tri Newport Dunes triathlon has partnered with Habitat so when registering for the race, I set up a fundraising page. To date we’ve collected over $200.
Everyone asks for money these days. Amazon.com wants my money so they can give me free shipping. The Humane Society of the U.S. wants my money so they can put farmers out of business and the National Rifle Association wants everyones’ money so their executives can have lavish meals, private air travel and expensive golf club memberships1)https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/04/politics/nra-withdraws-lawsuit-letitia-james/index.html 2)https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-new-york-attorney-general/new-york-sues-to-break-up-nra-accuses-it-of-corruption-idUSKCN2522BG.
DISCLAIMER: I do have a subscription to Amazon Prime.
So if little ‘ol me is going to capture some of those dollars flowing to charity, I have to get creative. Here’s how you and I can help Habitat for Humanity:
- If you have horses, I’ll trim their hooves and turn over the whole $30 fee to Habitat. 3)Through October 24, 2021. Your horses should probably live somewhere near Farmington, NM or Durango CO
- I’ll donate $2.00 for every comment left on this post or on the post I mentioned above.
- If you subscribe to this blog, I’ll donate $5.00 in your name (you can subscribe on the “About” page or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org) 4)Blog subscription donations up to $100 until October 24, 2021
- If you subscribe to the TriRiot YouTube channel, I’ll donate $5.00 in your name 5)YouTube subscription donations up to $100 until October 24, 2021
- AND MY FAVORITE… you can donate any amount you like on the fundraiser page.
So far, I’ve trimmed four horses, acknowledged three comments and received $75 in straight donations. I’ve also made some of my own donations through a self imposed challenge. Each day I go without buying an expensive coffee to fuel my caffeine addiction, I donate a dollar to Habitat.
As far as triathlon goes, I’ve been working on a web page to calculate the effects of aerodynamic changes on the bike. Popular press articles talk about the time advantages of various position and equipment changes, but I am fairly certain we can answer those questions for ourselves using little more than a power meter, a long stretch of highway and the right computing algorithm.
Until next time…
Stay to the right, pass on the left and keep on smiling
References [ + ]
|3.||↑||Through October 24, 2021. Your horses should probably live somewhere near Farmington, NM or Durango CO|
|4.||↑||Blog subscription donations up to $100 until October 24, 2021|
|5.||↑||YouTube subscription donations up to $100 until October 24, 2021|